Right from the moment a child is born, the child unknowingly starts observing his/her parents. As the life begins for the child, parents are the first teachers.
Growing up, the child starts learning many things. Even parents learn a lot during this phase of life. Also, they need to make many changes in their appearance, behaviour, attitude, nature and communication, to name a few, for the child's sake. Overall, there needs to be a positive environment for the child to be in. A child will always try to observe the parents' activities and learn from them. If parents have good habits and manners, it shows in the child.
When I was reading a book written by Shiv Khera, I came across these lines: "A teacher asked a girl: How come your behaviour is so polite always?" for which the girl said: "It just runs in our family." Isn't that wonderful?
A child starts learning primary education in school. Parents have to check and observe the child for each and everything. A child will be interacting with teachers and classmates in school as well as with parents and relatives at home. Parents have to speak politely and narrate stories having a good ending to the child. When you regularly narrate a story to a child from the heart, he/she gets energized and will aim at doing good things. The child will also have positive thoughts.
When a child reaches high school or college, he/she will be looking for opportunities to learn and develop. The child has to start building oneself doing challenging things. At this age, they are eager to achieve and they start dreaming about education and career. By this time, they also need to find out one's weakness and strength and start working on it.
Here are a few of my thoughts about life in general:
- Life is an opportunity to live in this world, not just exist
- Life is a chance to do many good things
- Life is to cure ourselves from the negative thoughts
- Life is to achieve something positive
- Life is to control ourselves from ill acts
- Life is to test ourselves during difficult times
- Life is an ocean of personality
- Life is an opportunity to identify our inner selves
- Life is to understand god's creation
Always think positively. Whatever happens will have a good reason
* * * *
Besides the above you must choose the words before it comes out of your mouth.
- The words that you choose to say at any moment help determine your reality and your attitude as well.
- If what you want is to enjoy a reality where life flows smoothly and in your favour, and where you enjoy a positive attitude, start by choosing your words wisely.
- It is likely that the reality you express in words is the reality that you then experience. Positive words also help create a positive reality.
- "Your attitude is an expression of your values, beliefs and expectations"
You have to groom them for positive attitude right form their tender age.