Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Husband (still missing in action "LoL")

Dear Mr. Husband Man,

Even though I don't know exactly who you'll be yet (I have my ideas), I think of you often. I wonder how you're living your life now. It matters to me, you know, because how you live your life now determines the kind of man you're becoming...and the kind of man I'll spend the rest of my life with. I know you’re out there. You might be the person right in front of my face. You might be someone I don’t know. Not yet anyway. I might be 86 by the time we meet, but at least we will have finally found each other. I can feel you if I shut my eyes tight enough. I know you will love me like no one ever has. I know you will understand me.

You’ll help me open myself up, let myself go. I think your patience will compliment my impulsiveness. You’ll be the calm to my storm and I to yours.
Magic. It exists. I’ve seen it. Have you? Or have you just seen glimmers of it? You must believe in it though because you’re my future husband and that’s a job requirement – one of the reasons why I’ll love you so much. So…where are you? When are you going to pop into my life? How is it going to happen?

Will we ever even meet?
I wonder what you’re doing right now?

It’s a Saturday.


You’re probably home. Working on something. I think you like to work a lot…or maybe you’ve finished working and you’re reading, writing or creating before you crawl into bed. Maybe you’re at work. Or maybe even (I can only hope), you’re dreaming of me as I am of you.
I love you. Or at least I love the idea of you. I hope you love me. Or the idea of me. We should start loving each other now, because we’ll love each other forever.

Love, Someday, Always, Yours at heart, Your future wife,


G R E T Z E N

No comments: