Saturday, May 15, 2010

Honesty & Integrity

I want to talk for a minute; to be open with you. Something that is very important to me is integrity and honesty. I always strive to be as honest and open about myself as I can. Perhaps this is a throw-back to my Christian background and Jesus’ harsh stance against hypocrisy: the last thing I ever want is to be a hypocrite.

Anyone who has followed my blogs for a while has hopefully learned that each and every blog of mine is honest. It is a record of my honest opinions/thoughts/beliefs at the time of writing. I have never deleted a controversial blog, because I want to show that I have the integrity to stand by what I’ve written, and own any wrong calls I’ve made. I also don’t make a habit of deleting comments because I think that it also shows integrity that I allow opposing opinions to be there for all to see.

I’ve made a commitment to you and myself to try and write more positive and uplifting blogs. And I do want to do that, but I don’t want anyone thinking that I am always happy or that I put on a mask for the sake of proving a point. I’m sharing this with you because I want to continue to write whatever is on my mind and that includes when I am in a bad mood. I want you to know that I still stand by my commitment to spread positive ideas, but in order to show my integrity I feel it’s necessary for me to also show that I am human.

Plus, the greatest purpose my blogs serve is ultimately for my enjoyment. They are my therapy, my way of processing my thoughts and my way of providing further meaning to my life by spreading ideas I think will help make the world a better place. And I have learned so, so very much from the people who comment on my blogs. Thank you.

No comments: