Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm Not That Girl


I won't be that girl



I don't want this to end.
This.
Whatever this is...



Everything happened exactly how it was supposed to.
Slowly.
Cautiously.
Moderately.
Safely.



I was so careful with you.
I followed all of the rules that society has set for us.
Tell me, where did I go wrong?
It isn't about the other girls.
I knew all along.
Just like you knew.
It was about being treated equally.
Having the same privileges.
Not having to hide my existance.
For once in my life, I stand up for myself.
What do I get?
"I'm upset for no reason."
"I'm being so immature."
"I'm acting like a child."
"I'm just so stupid."
Right?
Wrong.
I won't be that girl.
The girl that hides in the shadows.
Waiting...
Waiting...
Contemplating...

Wasting her life away waiting on you.
I won't be that girl.
I could very easily get you back.
You're only a phone call away.
But I refuse to do that.
I am not in the wrong here.
I've looked at it from every angle.
And...
I
didn't
do
this.



To say that my heart's broken would be an understatement.
Nothing can be healed if you keep it covered up.



Well, I let my wounds out in the open and now they're infected.
I've ripped off the bandaid and it's completely in your hands now.


I won't go back on the promise I made to myself.
I won't beg for you to fix me.
I won't change my mind.
I won't wait for you.
I won't be that girl.



No comments: