Thursday, February 14, 2008

"Make your everyday a Valentine's Day"

"Soul Mates Navigate Differences"


I think that if soulmates exist, and I am not convinced they do or rather they do for everyone, BUT assuming they do, I think soulmates can navigate differences. It isn't the least bit important that they agree on anything but that they can still love, respect, and yes, even appreciate the differences of each other. I have dated a guy that was too much like me. There were advantages of that relationship but what I learned is that even though we were so much alike, we still could not navigate the very few, slight differences we had. I have come to the conclusion that differences never matter, it is what you do with those differences that matters. It is the differences of other people that cause us to grow. Differences also smooth out the edges on our own personalities. A good relationship changes people for the better or rather facilitates an evolution that is both spiritual and personality wise. It is the whole grain of sand/pearl thing.


"Soul Mates Come from God"




God is my soul mate. God plays the music and calls the dances. I'm dancing to God's tune. I can feel God's rhythm in my feet and the way the bass line resonates in my core. Now, I have a dance card. Right now, I can't read the names, but I have one. God filled it out with men who would make good parteners for me. If a dancer who is not listed tries to dance with me, we won't dance well because we are not suited. The men on the card will do well because God thinks that we would do well. Not that we would be flashy, but that we would enjoy dancing together. We would make that joyful noise.

"Soul Mates Have a Different Kind of Love"




I believe a soul mate is not necessarily a love interest. A soulmate is someone that will mirror you, show you everything that is holding you back...a person who will bring you to your own attention so you can change your life.


A true soul mate is probably the most important person you will ever meet. They will come into your life to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then they leave.


"Soul Mates Complete Each Other"





My definition: Entering friendships/relationships for what one can put into them instead of what can be gained from them. NOT to find another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share completeness.

No comments: