Friday, July 31, 2009

The strength of a man lies in his HUMILITY

Women are attracted to cocky & confident men. There's no doubt about that. Men fail to realize that women are drawn by a "gut level attraction".

Where was my blog about it? Where was my kudos?


I didn't need it.
It was something that needed to be done, and I was the one who had to do it.
I did what was my duty to my family, as any other man would do.
If anything I felt I OWED it to them.

That's what being a man means to me.
It means YOU are the one who needs to get the job done... because YOU are the only one can do it. Your reward is knowing it got done.

I have plenty of stories, besides this old one. Tales every man has undergoing every Trial by Fire imaginable can tell. This was nothing.

But I don't show people the "real me" online. They're stories for close, personal friends... and usually for comedic purposes.

There are plenty of stories by countless unsung heroes too. Firefighters, paramedics, police officers, soldiers. Fathers who worked hard and was a rock and a leader to their families during the hardest of times.

They didn't do it for praise or kudos either.

They did it because it needed to be done.

You know of their character because it's OTHER people singing their praises instead of themselves.

Humility.

One of the many qualities that make a man.

They are chiseled by hardships, and their defining moments are thrust on them whether they want it or not.

It's the key to his strength.

What kind of man did you admire in your life and why?

Humility or humbleness is a quality of being courteously respectful of others. It is the opposite of aggressiveness, arrogance, boastfulness, and vanity. Rather than, "Me first," humility allows us to say, "No, you first, my friend." Humility is the quality that lets us go more than halfway to meet the needs and demands of others.

No comments: