Saturday, December 22, 2007

Confessions of an Infovore




In one of my more carefree moments the other day, I decided I must be an infovore: someone who devours information on all sorts of subjects. That's why I'd memorised the HP sauce bottle label when I was 5 years old.




That's why I've got a dozen different books on my bookshelf waiting to be read and I'm currently reading at least three. That's why I seem to have done so many courses, and learnt so much 'stuff' - and yet I'm still hungry for more.I know you'll have done the same - attended courses, read books, learnt through experience, listened to leaders and mentors.




But what good is all that knowledge if we don't make use of it though? So I am challenging myself right now to make use of what I know for sure - to use it, to teach it, to challenge it. To find out if it actually WORKS.




I certainly don't know it all (sorry to disillusion anyone) but I know enough to make a start. The same applies for us reaching our goals and achieving our life purpose. We don't know it all, and we don't know exactly where we'll finish - all we need to know is the first thing to do. Martin Luther King said:“Take the first step in faith.




You don’t need to take the whole staircase, just take the first step”.Or, as Mark Joyner puts it "You don't need to get it right, you just need to get it going".




I got really excited the other day when one of my friends came up to me and said she'd applied for a new job - she had no idea if she would get it, and knew it was a stretch for her to grow into the demands of the new role - but she knew that she had to take a step in faith and see what happened.




So here's my challenge to you this time: what do you want to get started? What is it that you're putting off because you're not quite ready yet: "I just need to do one more course" or "I'll do it when I've saved enough money" or "I'll do it when the children are older" or "I'll do it when work calms down a bit" or.. or..Take the first step.




That might be gathering some information, or talking to someone about it. It might mean writing a letter, doing some searching on the internet, or talking to your boss.




It might be as simple as writing an action plan, or just writing out what your dream is.




Whatever your goal or your dream is, there will be one simple step that will take you forward today. And here's the thing - having taken that one step, you will find that the next step follows naturally and easily.That's what I did when developing my products - I took the first step.




For my book, I started to write down how much I had learnt through coaching and building my business - from the mistakes I had made, from the school of tough knocks - and from the successes I had had too. The same with my hypnotherapy CD series - I started by writing some real goals for the programme - what I wanted to help people with. After I'd started, the rest was easy.




I found a great way to publish these. I've found some people to joint venture with to promote them. So would you do this for me today?




Simply take ten minutes to think about your biggest dream. It will be easy to find it - in fact, it's probably the one that's just leapt into your thoughts right now!




Then decide what the next step is for you to reach that dream... and then, either today or tomorrow.. BEGIN!




As you dare to take that first step in faith, you'll find that the next step becomes clear - and then the next step. And what's more, each individual step becomes easier.As Goethe says "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now."A book recommendation for you: "The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity" by Catherine Ponder.




It's an incredible book on how to attract the life that you want, the prosperity that you want, the relationships that you want - and how to enjoy life while you do it. The original was written in the sixties when




Catherine was widowed with a young son. Some of the stories of manifesting miracles are fabulous. Read it with an open mind, start to put some of the lessons into practice, and see what happens!

No comments: