Friday, December 28, 2007

Family Upbringing is a very Important Foundation on how they would make their lives more Meaningful







Individuality, Integrity, Industry, Knowledge, Compassion, Family, Optimism.

The seven Learning Family Values are universal, built upon common principles found in nearly every culture in the world. Identifying our values clearly can help guide us to becoming the people we want to be. Our values tell others what kind of people we are, and can help them understand our behavior.

Each value provides specific encouragement and direction. Together, they help us realize individual happiness and collective peace. We encourage all Learning Families to memorize these values, and put them into practice. The values are the topic of the first activity in the Learning Family Academy.

Individuality
I am happy to be me.
I accept other people just as they are.

I like to share my ideas with others, and like to learn what other people like to do.


Integrity
I can do what is right.
I am responsible for my own actions and always try to do what is right,

when I'm with others and when I'm alone.

Industry
I always do my best.
I work hard to achieve my goals and always do my best.

Others can rely on me to do my work from start to finish.

Knowledge
I like to learn new things.
I can understand the truth by asking good questions and working to find the answers.

I feel happy when I use my knowledge to make good choices.


Compassion
I like to help others.
I listen to what others have to say and try to understand how they feel.

I use my talents and energy to help others who are in need.


Family
I love my family.
My family is special and unique.

There are ____ people in my family: (name each family member, youngest to oldest).
We do things together and help each other to be the best we can be.


Optimism
I think the world is a wonderful place.
My influence may be small, but working with others.

I can find happiness and help make the world a better place.

Individuality

We're happy with who we are. We honor those who work to secure freedom to express our individuality. We respect others by accepting their race, religion, culture, opinions, hobbies or other interests as valuable to them. As we develop and express our various talents we enrich each other's lives as well as our own. Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same?

Integrity

Integrity means being the same person inside and out, all the time. Whether in public or in private, we keep our commitments, accept responsibility for our own actions, and are honest and fair with everyone. And yes, it means always telling the truth and being good, just because it is the right thing to do. We know that personal integrity is required to earn another's trust, and is therefore the basis of all human relationships.

Industry

Only through hard work and dedication can we realize our goals and dreams. We are diligent in our work, using all our talents and always doing our best, no matter what the task. We expect fair compensation for our labors but avoid excess. We strive to be self-sufficient, never expecting others to do for us what we can do for ourselves.

Knowledge

The joy of learning can last a lifetime. Seeking knowledge begins with asking questions, then pursuing the answers with energy and creativity. We learn when we can accept the answers, even if they are not what we expect. The freedom and understanding gained by knowing the truth are our rewards for the pursuit of knowledge.

Compassion

All of us have needed help at some time in our lives. As well, our success always comes with the help of others. So we freely give our time, talents and resources to those who are in need without reservation or expectation. We patiently seek to understand the needs of others, and offer our assistance whenever we can without waiting for someone else to help.


Family

We all belong to a family. Our family bonds gives us identity; a way to recognize ourselves with a culture and heritage all our own. We support each other, depend on each other, respect each other and comfort each other. We are also members of larger families; our community, the human family, and the family of life on Earth. We accept the responsibilities of being a part of these families, only receiving what we need so that others may have their share, and helping to strengthen the family through our service.

Optimism

Life is full of promise. We have goals that motivate us, and look to the future with a sense of purpose, knowing that we can make a difference. Though our individual influence may be small, it will spread from our family to others, and to future generations. Our purpose is to work together to bring about personal fulfillment in our lives and peace in the world.

No comments: