Saturday, March 29, 2008

"Hungry, Thirsty, and Hard of Hearing"


You're Thirsty: You search for what will quench your thirst. You feel like you're in a dessert and you long for water to seize your dehydration that is forthcoming. You get weaker and weaker as your body begins to fail you. But this thing that can quench your thirst is right in front of you. Yet you're searching and searching in all the wrong places. You're searching in other people, you're searching in fake praise, you're searching in false worship, you're searching in faith that's not really there. You're thirsty and you feel as though if you don't hydrate yourself immediately then you will definitely not make it. You continue to stumble, you can't walk straight, you don't feel like you have a true personality, you don't know your purpose, and you just feel like you're "just there." CRY OUT...

"O, God you are my God; early will I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. ~Psalms 63:1


You're Hungry: You're stomach is as empty as ever. You haven't been "full" in a long time...no matter how much you eat...so after a while your hunger starts to mess with your mind and you start to go into your "own world" and start to do things that you wouldn't normally do...that is if you weren't hungry. You search for food....food that will satisfy your flesh, when you really need food that will satisfy your soul.

I will praise you as long as I live, my soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth I'll praise you. ~Psalms 63:4


Hard of Hearing: You listen and hear nothing but silence...you long to hear his voice, you long for his direction, you long for his acceptance. You feel like you're deaf and nothing that is being said to you is understandable..You know that he's speaking to you but you just can't seem to grasp the syllables...that meaning. You feel like you're too far away from him, you feel like you're slowly seperating from him, and you get frustrated and cry out!....

I've been feeling like this for a long time....I've been going through so much and instead of growing closer to the Lord while he pulled me out of my storms I was growing farther away from him...So much that I longed for him to make me stronger, I had an actual thirst for his word, I wanted to be "filled" again....and yet again...God never fails to amaze me because he keeps working things out. All I have to do is have faith that everything is taken care of, and it will be. The little things that I used to worry about...I don't worry about them anymore as much, The problems that had me bound....I was finally able to let go of them. I feel like a new person...my thirst has been quenched, I've become full, and I'm no longer hard of hearing!

"The Devil had a plan, to kill me I know...but God intercepted his plan and told the devil no, god blocked it...he wouldn't let me fall. I haven't lived a perfect life, seems I've done wrong more than I've done right, but thank God for compassion and forgiveness that kept me from a terrible plight. You see my life was spinning out of control, the fact that I'm alive today ain't nothing but a miracle."~Kurt Carr (God Blocked It)

No comments: