Thursday, August 13, 2009

" I love you "

" 3 Words "


Just three words that I want to hear
Just three words to make it all clear
I need three words to assuage my fear
Three words you can give to me to bring us closer together
Three words you can say to me to change my world forever
I want three simple words strung together in a sentence
Three little words that would mean the whole world to me
Three syllables that can have overwhelming eloquence
Three words that mean more than any others ever hurled at me
Countless ideas would never be enough
To eclipse only three of devotion and charity
Never ending ballads of emotion and love
Could not outshine these three words of clarity
A million words could never measure up
To but three spoken with sincerityJust three words that I need my dear
Just three words I’d do anything to hear
I need three words whispered into my ear
Three words once heard would lead me far outside my element
Three distinct words when uttered render all else irrelevant
Three simple words can turn my world into abject pleasure
Three little words the meaning of which cannot be measured
Three syllables strung together that alleviate so much pressure
Three words for which I yearn would be so absolutely treasured
Countless ideas would never be enough
To eclipse only three of devotion and charity
Never ending ballads of emotion and love
Could not outshine these three words of clarity
A billion words could never measure up
To but three spoken with sincerity
Just three words and I need to hear them
Three words that need to be said
So go out on a limb someday soon before we’re both dead
Three words that herald happiness
Three words from you I would never dread
Three words shouted from a mountaintop
Three words whispered in your head
Three words across the internet
Or three words lying in your bed
So much gets said about nothing
I’d rather hear “I love you” instead.

No comments: