Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Rules

love me or hate me, these are my rules......

too bad so sad for you if you can't handle it!


Just a short guideline as to how I tick here on my space.


1. I'm not a mean person but if you push the wrong button, you best keep your distance.

2. Just because I've never read you doesn't mean I don't want to. I'm a blog reading addict, I'll read anybody that wants to be read; however, I will not go searching for you. If you want me to read you, send me your blog link and I will happily subscribe.

3. I don't expect to be read by everyone who I read. Everyone has their preferences as to what type of blogs they read and that's fine. It doesn't mean I don't want to be read, it just means that I want to be read by people who WANT to....not by people who feel obligated.

4. I appreciate all comments that are left on my blog. I want you to know that I do not want you to feel obligated to leave a comment either. If you don't feel compelled to, then don't. I know the difference between a 'just because comment' and a genuine one. A kudo would be nice though (at least), those are always welcomed. lol

5. I get a lot of nice comments on my blog that make me smile when I post a poem. However, I want you to know that I am open to comments that display constructive criticism and not just comments telling me what a great poem it was. I know I'm not the best writer but I'm trying to learn. It is your job to tell me where I need the improvement. In case you didn't know, I have designed this page to only have writers and poets as friends, everyone else has been deleted. There is a reason for that. I'm trying to learn from the best myspace has to offer. If you're here, then it's cuz I consider you true talent. :)

6. I'm friends with everyone. If you can't handle me having a certain friend on my list then that's jes' too bad, not my problem. Your issues with them should be dealt in your own space not mine.

7. When I tell you that I love you, admire you, look up to you....it means jes' that. Some people are taking me too seriously when I tell them I love them. Do not misinterpret, if I tell you I love you, doesn't mean I wanna marry you. lmao - jes' friendship!!

8. I'm playfully flirtatious. Yes, this one is easily misinterpreted. I can understand, my fault. Let me make it clear, though, flirting is part of my personality. Again, if I do it....it doesn't mean I'm looking for any type of anything.....I'm jes' being playful.

9. Not being on someone's TFL (top friend's list) doesn't make me feel less valuable so you shouldn't feel like that either because you are not on mine. I've gotten numerous messages from people saying that I have been placed on their TFL and that I should be courteous enough to put them on mine in return.

My question is, why do you need that type of validation to make you feel worthy? Believe me, if they would allow more spots on the TFL then all of you would be up there but since you can't then there's nothing I can do.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna be influenced by anyone in deciding who I should or shouldn't have on my TFL or even what spot (yes, even that one has come up). I love you all the same doesn't matter what spot you're in.....all of you are priceless to me.....xoxo

10. The kudo thing, it's driving me batty. All my blogs are set to public. I don't like limiting my readership although this kudo bandit is pissing me off. I am tempted to start setting my blogs to 'friends only' but I don't want to. I'm not sure who is the one doing this with the kudos but let me jes' say that I will not tolerate it on my blog.


It hasn't happened yet on my blog where I am given a gazillion kudos but if it ever does and it is done by someone on my friend's list, trust me when I say it is reason enough for me to delete you. I am not looking to be top blogger or trying to gain any popularity.

I am jes' looking for readers who are gonna help me improve on my writing and such. I am also looking for genuine friends. It's not about competition, it's about learning from each other and embracing each other's talent because no two people are the same and everyone has something different to offer.

No comments: