Monday, March 2, 2009

"Knowing Oneself"



I do not define myself by how many roadblocks have appeared in my path; but by the courage I have found to forge new roads.


I do not define myself by how many disappointments I have faced; but by the forgiveness and the faith I have found to begin again.


I do not define myself by how long a relationship lasted; but by how much I have loved and been willing to love again.


I do not define myself by how many times I have been knocked down; but by how many times I have struggled to my feet.


I do not define myself by how many times I have appeared the fool; but by the number of risks I have taken.


I do not define myself by the number of mistakes I have made; but by the knowledge I have learned from trying a new way.


I am not my pain... I am not my past...

I am that which has emerged.

No comments: