Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thoughts and views on marriage so far.......

Marriage to me is a sacred bond between two people who vow to god and to each other to spend the rest of there lives with each other through thick and thin, good and bad, for better or for worse. Its hard to do sometimes. There will be thoughts of deception and jealousy. There will be times when you try to remember what is was like when you were single and how much easier it was.

There will be times when you get so mad and frustrated with your partner that you want to throw he/she through a window. There will also be times when the attraction and intimacy between you seem to deminish or fade. You might begin to start thinking that marriage just plain sucks. The truth is that its not the marriage that sucks, its both parties forgetting what marriage is really about. Its about trusting and communicating with your partner. If something is bothering you, say something. Your partner should be more than willing to listen to you and work out any problems that may be going on no matter how stupid they think the problem is. If its bothering you, then its worth talking about. Marriage is also about staying loyal and faithful. If you or your partner had any doubts at the beginning, then maybe you shouldn't have gotten married. If the spark seems like its starting to fizzle out, try new things. Be creative and even have fun with it. Intimacy doesn't always have to be serious and romantic. And if there doesn't seem to be any hope in that department, sit down and talk with your partner about how to fix the problem. Communication people. It works with every subject.


Compromise and sacrifice are big parts of marriage also. Both of you are NOT going to agree on everything. Sometimes you will have to make some sacrifices. Keep it realistic though. Find out whats best for everyone. Don't be selfish or greedy. Space is actually a key part of a marriage. Don't croud your partner. You don't want them wishing you didn't exist. Last but not least....... Friendship. Your partner should be your best friend. He/she should be the one person you can count on to be there for you no matter what. You should be able to share your most deepest thoughts, fantasies, and secrets. Don't keep secrets from each other either. Be honest with each other. Trust me... they might not always like what you have to say but if you lie about something and they find out the truth later( and they will find out sooner or later), the situation will be that much worse.

Marriage can be wonderful as long as both the husband and wife are willing to put in the time and effort to make it wonderful. Don't get me wrong, some people just aren't made to be together. But even those people should put forth the effort and try there best to make it work. I love my wife with all my heart. There is nothing i wouldn't do for her. I know she won't take advantage of me in any way and i won't do that to her either. She is my best friend. Sure we have hard times and things tend to dwendle down a bit but i know that if we stick with it and work things out that it will get better. I have faith in my marriage.I strongly believe that when things get tough that its only temporary and it will get better. I wouldn't trade my wife for anything. She is the most beautiful person in the world to me and she is my life. I love you baby!

No comments: