Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"GLASS"

Broken

I LOVE art - every diverse form of it... sculptures, drawings, beautiful tattoos on someone's skin, poetry, music... i simply LOVE art. Especially the poetry aspect of it, sometimes you write things you can't say. Sometimes your feelings are clearer in written words. Sometimes your heart speaks louder on paper. Words are powerful either way - spoken words can move mountains, written words can touch souls. Music is another GREAT form of art... I decided to put the lyrics of one of my favorite songs here ... I'm obsessed with Lifehouse (plus the lead singer is GORGEOUS lol).



This, personally, is one of their greatest songs ever... it's beautiful


BROKEN

The Broken clock is a comfort
It helps me sleep tonight
Maybe it can stop tomorrow

From stealing all my time

And I am here still waiting

Though I still have my doubts

I am damaged at best

Like you've already figured out

I'm falling apartI'm barely breathing

With a broken heartThat's still beating

In the pain

There is healing

In your nameI find meaning

So I'm holding on (I'm holdin on)(I'm holdin on)

I'm barely holding on to you

The broken locks were a warning

You got inside my head

I tried my best to be guarded

I'm an open book instead

And I still see your reflection

Inside of my eyes

That are looking for purpose

They're still looking for lifeI'm falling apart

I'm barely breathingWith a broken heart

That's still beatingIn the pain (In the pain)

Is there healingIn your nameI find meaning

So I'm holding on

(I'm still holdin on)(I'm holdin on)
(I'm still holdin on) (I'm holdin on)

I'm barely holding on to you

I'm hanging on another day

Just to see what, you will throw my way
And I'm hanging on, to the words you say


You said that I will, will be okay

The broken light on the freeway

Left me here alone

I may have lost my way now

But I haven't forgotten my way home

I'm falling apart

I'm barely breathing

With a broken heart
That's still beating

In the pain (In the pain)


There is healingIn your name (In your name)

I find meaningSo I'm holding on (I'm still holdin')

Barely holding on to you (I'm still holdin on)

Barely holdin on to you

No comments: