Thursday, June 5, 2008

"My Identity,My Life"


Being A Woman In My Own World





















I am a girl.
I am a woman.
I am a daughter.
I am a wife.
I am a christian.

I am a girl who sometimes just wants her momma.
I am a girl who still likes to go to the park and swing.
I am a girl who is a connoisseur of color books.
I am a girl who loves pretty girly things.
I am a girl who still believes that santa,
the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy could be real..

I am a woman who sometimes just wants to be alone.
I am a woman who has never felt like she was meant to stay here forever.
I am a woman who is full of adventure.
I am a woman who doesn't care what you think of me.
I am a woman who knows I can do anything I set my mind to.
I am a woman who took too long to realize that the main person I need to love is myself.

I am a daughter of a woman who is amazing.
I am a daughter of a man who missed out.
I am a daughter to so many people who aren't my parents.
I am a daughter to a man who came later.
I am a daughter to two people who worked overwhelmingly hard to give me everything.
I am a daughter who didn't always appreciate it.
I am a daughter who now knows my momma was always right and I love her for it.

I am a wife of a man who is just like me.
I am a wife who worries about my husband all the time.
I am a wife who knows that moving will give him more happiness.
I am a wife who is so proud to be his plus one.
I am a wife who watches him sleep each night.
I am a wife who knows that each day is a blessing.
I am a wife who has never regretted being married.
I am a wife who knows that my marriage will last.

I am a christian who has been let down by the church.
I am a christian who sometimes has forgotten to put god first.
I am a christian who has realized how wrong I was and put him back where he needed to be..
I am a christian who asks god to protect people I see suffering on TV.
I am a christian who knows that even if I have nothing, I still have god.
I am a christian who doesn't go to church, but still worships in my own way.
I am a christian who believes that anything can happen as long as I believe.

No comments: